What was your latest addition to your whisky collection?

11617181920212224»
  • Vasco Member Vasco Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

imageimage

These arrived today:

1. The Machir Bay Gift Pack - Machir Bay 2018 + 2 Glencairn glasses with Kilchoman's logo

2. Kilchoman 100% Islay 8th Edition - with whisky from between 2008 and 2012, from bourbon and sherry casks, 12,000 bottles batch

hwchoySnelius2 liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Jared_Gudnason How was that Winter Storm??? And where on earth did you find it? LOL

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• Holm Member Holm Joined: 05.09.2017Posts: 13CollectionHolm's CollectionRatings: 1
    Options
    The wife and I just visited Blair Athol this morning. Now call us silly but we ended up coming out if their store with a bottle of the 16yo Dailuaine from the Flora & Fauna series.
    Vasco liked that
  • Vasco Member Vasco Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

For the whisky lovers that don't know (yet) this brand:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destilerías_y_Crianza_del_Whisky_S.A.

In resume, it is a spanish distillery known for Coca-Cola-grade whisky, that recently (when bought by Suntory, the owners of Schweppes, Lucozade, and Yamazaki) started to make some pretty decent and inexpensive single malts.

I've tried the 10 years old in 2017, and was truly surprised for a €15 (!) single malt. Now this one, with a price tag of €30.

I don't know where to buy it outside Spain, I live near Lisbon and use to go often to Spain in business. That's when I stop at the local supermarkets and deli stores, and search for cheaper drams (Bowmore 12 at €30, for example), when compared with other countries or even most online liquor shops.

I'll try to make a video, or at least to give some feedback, when I open this bottle. If this is like the 10 yo, then I should wait for warmer and sunnier weather.

Regards,

Vasco

Options

@Vasco 

Cat was not included.

• Snelius Member Joined: 25.01.2019Posts: 11CollectionSnelius CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@Vasco Wow! Hard to get. Very limited version. Congrats! :smile:

Vasco liked that
  • OdysseusUnbound Member OdysseusUnbound Joined: 05.06.2019Posts: 14Ratings: 0
    Options

The last whiskies I picked up were a Springbank 15 (I already had one opened and love it), and an Ardbeg Uigeadail (I already had one opened and one unopened, but I love the whisky and I got a great price on another bottle). I'm looking forward to picking up a Glenfarclas 15 soon.