Greetings from Omaha, Nebraska USA!

• ADramGoodDrink
    Topic creator
    Joined: 15.01.2015Posts: 4CollectionWhat's on My ShelfRatings: 0

Hi Everyone!
    My name's Josh, and I'm a relative newbie to the world of whisky. I discovered Scotch whisky about six years ago and have been doing all I can to expand my palate and my knowledge base. My introduction to whisky was Laphroaig Quarter Cask, and I actually loved it as soon as I tried it! This really messed with my impression of whisky for quite some time - whenever I tasted something that wasn't an immense peat bomb, I thought it was "bland."

Thankfully, through education and lots of "practice" (tasting), I came around, and have since become enamored with the many complex and wonderful flavors found in all forms of whisky. I've recently started a modest whisky blog of my own (linked in my signature), where I'm documenting my journey.

I discovered this forum through Horst's excellent whisky vlogs, and I'm excited to link up with this community!

Check out my whisk(e)y reviews and musings at www.adramgooddrink.com
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Hi Josh, welcome and have fun! :smile:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Welcome to the Forum!

I work for whisky.com
  • iankahr Member iankahr Joined: 15.03.2015Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    , edited April 3 2015 at 2:05AM
    Options

Hi Josh!!! I'm right up the road from ya in Onawa. I've been inspecting The Dundee Dell malt menu and it seems they've got some real gems available. I also dig Horst's vids and the reason I'm here.

Later man,
    John

• Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options

Hi Josh.
    I just browsed through your blog, and I must say it's very good. You can really write. And it's good you review some rather unusual stuff. I don't think we need the umpteenth blog introducing us to Glenfiddich 12 y.o.

schnazola liked that
  • Heidjer Member Heidjer Joined: 05.07.2014Posts: 39CollectionHeidjer's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

A little belated welcome to the forum!