Greetings from Omaha, Nebraska USA!

Topic creator
Joined: 15.01.2015Posts: 4CollectionWhat's on My ShelfBewertungen: 0Mitglied

Hi Everyone!
My name's Josh, and I'm a relative newbie to the world of whisky. I discovered Scotch whisky about six years ago and have been doing all I can to expand my palate and my knowledge base. My introduction to whisky was Laphroaig Quarter Cask, and I actually loved it as soon as I tried it! This really messed with my impression of whisky for quite some time - whenever I tasted something that wasn't an immense peat bomb, I thought it was "bland."

Thankfully, through education and lots of "practice" (tasting), I came around, and have since become enamored with the many complex and wonderful flavors found in all forms of whisky. I've recently started a modest whisky blog of my own (linked in my signature), where I'm documenting my journey.

I discovered this forum through Horst's excellent whisky vlogs, and I'm excited to link up with this community!

Check out my whisk(e)y reviews and musings at
  • SanctTom SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 125Bewertungen: 0Mitglied

Hi Josh, welcome and have fun! smile

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • ben ben Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 262Collectionbens CollectionBewertungen: 78Mitglied, Administrator

Welcome to the Forum!

I work for
  • iankahr iankahr Joined: 15.03.2015Posts: 2Bewertungen: 0Mitglied
    edited April 2015

Hi Josh!!! I'm right up the road from ya in Onawa. I've been inspecting The Dundee Dell malt menu and it seems they've got some real gems available. I also dig Horst's vids and the reason I'm here.

Later man,

• Budgerigar_canalis Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Bewertungen: 0Mitglied

Hi Josh.
    I just browsed through your blog, and I must say it's very good. You can really write. And it's good you review some rather unusual stuff. I don't think we need the umpteenth blog introducing us to Glenfiddich 12 y.o.

schnazolaliked that
  • Heidjer Heidjer Joined: 05.07.2014Posts: 39CollectionHeidjer's CollectionBewertungen: 0Mitglied

A little belated welcome to the forum!