Whisky Distilleries

Suchergebnisse: 31
Sort by
Peat Smoke Medicinal Smoke Medicinal Smoke
Laphroaig (pronounced 'La-froig') means 'the beautiful hollow by a broad bay' in Gaelic. The area around the distillery, which is located on the remote island of Islay (pronounced 'Ei-la') off the west coast of Scotland, is just as beautiful. Laphroaig...
Peat Smoke Peat Smoke Maritime Notes
The Lagavulin is located on the Isle of Islay. It's directly between Ardbeg and Laphroaig. Lagavulin is Galic and means "hollow by the mill". Read more about it below.↓
Peat Smoke Peat Smoke Sherry
The Scottish Bowmore distillery is located on the idyllic island of Islay (pronounced 'Aila'), which is part of the Inner Hebrides. Bowmore was founded in the 18th century, making it one of Scotland's oldest distilleries.
Nuts Sherry Sherry
Bunnahabhain means 'river mouth' translated from Gaelic. The distillery is the northernmost on the island of Islay and is located about three kilometres from Port Askaig. It was built by the Greenless Brothers in 1881.
Peat Smoke Peat Smoke Bonfire Smoke
The Ardbeg distillery was officially founded in 1815 by John McDougall. But Whisky was distilled long before that. There are no documentations, as Ardbeg was an illegal business back in 1794.
Sweet Sweet Peat Smoke
Bruichladdich is Gaelic (Bruchláddich or Bruikladdie) and means corner of the beach or gentle slope of the sea. The distillery was built in the year 1881 by the Brothers Robert, William and John Gourlay Harvey.
Peat Smoke Peat Smoke Maritime Notes
Built in 1846, Caol Ila is the largest of the eight distilleries scattered across the Isle of Islay on the west of Scotland. Read more about it below.↓
Peat Smoke Peat Smoke Sweet
After more than 125 years, the Kilchoman farm distillery is the first new distillery to be built on the island of Islay. At the distillery, which was founded in 2005 and produces a 100 per cent Islay Single Malt, all production steps are carried out on...
Peat Smoke Peat Smoke Salt
Port Ellen was founded in 1825 by A. K. Mackay & Company on the Kildaton south coast of Islay. The Laird Campbell was also instrumental in the establishment of the distillery, as he was the highest-ranking clan official on the Isle at the time.