Springbank 15

• Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie

Just ordered this as birthday present to myself,with help of gift voucher.Anyone tried this?It gets good reviews..never tried Springbank before.One review stated it was a bit like Macallan Sienna,which I did like.Any replies are all very welcome!!

• dennislhopkins Member Joined: 13.12.2018Posts: 25Collectiondennislhopkinss CollectionRatings: 14
    Options

@Ian_Crombie I just received a Springbank 10, and while not a 15, it's the first time I will taste a Springbank. Can let you know how it tastes when I open!  My "go to" and absolutely one of my most favorite Campbelltown's is Glen Scotia Double Cask!!

• Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie
    Options

@dennislhopkins Tried Glen Scotia over a year ago.Ralfy gave it 92/100...no idea why..it was bright orange,clearly heavily coloured and didnt taste ghat good either.Think it was nearly £60 too....Never again!!

• OdysseusUnbound Member OdysseusUnbound Joined: 05.06.2019Posts: 14Ratings: 0
    Options

@Ian_Crombie I'm a huge fan of Springbank, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Springbank 15 is a different animal than the 10 year old or the 12 year Cask Strength. All are good, but have their own personalities. Springbank 15 is much darker in flavour than I expected it to be, since the 10 is fairly bright and punchy. The 15 has dark fruits (I believe it's 100% Oloroso sherry matured), dark chocolate and dark coffee notes. It is absolutely delightful.

• Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie
    Options

@OdysseusUnbound The Springbank 15 is very good,just tried 10 last night and impressed with it.Not cheap these whiskies,but a very hands on,old fashioned style of distillery.The 12 Cask Strength seems harder to get hold of.

OdysseusUnbound liked that
  • OdysseusUnbound Member OdysseusUnbound Joined: 05.06.2019Posts: 14Ratings: 0
    Options

@Ian_Crombie The 12 Cask Strength is worth finding. It's my favourite Springbank. It evolves in the glass, and it evolves as the bottle is opened and exposed to air...