Help to find out the year of HouseofLords

• Alexander_Veshchicov
    Topic creator
    Member Alexander_Veshchicov
    Hello! 

So I found an old bottle of HouseofLords at home - here is the photo http://joxi.ru/9E2pjZf9aRGwrY
    click on the image for better view

I wonder if it is possible to determine it's approximate year and what price can it be. Thanks.
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Alexander_Veshchicov
    I am not sure, what this bottle stands for. The bottles from the 70s and 80s were white in appearance. The bottles from the 2000s where pitch black in style. All of those had metal screw caps and not a cork like this one.

I have never seen such a bottle before. Maybe it is a pre 70s. Please contact the distillery Edradour in Scotland. They were the producers of this whisky in former times and might know something.

If the bottle is that old, then the price will be around several hundred Euros/Dollars/Pounds.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@horst_s

there's some kind of plastic wrap on the stopper, it seems possible to be a screw cap underneath that.  the box seems to be in an excellent condition for something 40 years old or more.