Hello From Singapore/Malaysia!

• glugglug_2
    Topic creator
    Joined: 19.11.2016Posts: 3Collectionglugglugs CollectionRatings: 8

Hello everyone!

Novice collector & whisky/whiskey appreciator here! I've always enjoyed an occasional dram, but only began collecting when my daughter was born last year. I started my collection with the Glenlivet XXV (bought 2 bottles around the week my daughter was born) with the hopes of opening them or giving away as a dowry when she grows up and gets married. :wink:

Since then, my collection has grown to around 12 bottles or so unopened bottles. In between, I've bought, opened and emptied out about 3 others. I stumbled upon this forum only recently and quickly opened an account. Hope to learn more and exchange notes with everyone.

Here's hoping to many good years of collecting and tasting ahead!

Slainthe!

• Slàinte_Mhath Guest, Member Slàinte_Mhath Joined: 09.10.2016Posts: 134CollectionOslo Whisky ClubRatings: 211
    Options

@glugglug
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.” (Tyrion Lannister)

>>> Whisky reviews by Slàinte Mhath <<<

glugglug_2 liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

Welcome @glugglug !

Similar to you, when my youngest daughter was born last year 2015, I put away a Laphroaig 21 years (FoL 21st Anniversary Edition) and a Dalmore SG50 Pioneer Edition.

She is to go to Islay and drink it on her 21st birthday, standing on her square foot of Islay land. 

And the Dalmore she has to keep till she is 50 and open it in celebration of SG100. :smiley: 

glugglug_2 liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Welcome and best wishes for the new life.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    glugglug_2 liked that