Talisker and Lagavulin Distillers edition

• bedlamborn
    Topic creator
    Member bedlamborn
    Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21

I saw that the Talisker distillers edition would be released in a couple of weeks in Sweden. Anyone who have tried the latest edition of this? Are they still as good as Horst said in his review on youtube?

And also Lagavulin Distillers edition and Lagavulin 12 years old will be released in just six days in Sweden. Is the Distillers edition quite different from the 16 year old? And also how differs the 12 year old from the 16 year old?

I love both the Talisker 10yo and the Lagavulin 16yo.

• Slàinte_Mhath Guest, Member Slàinte_Mhath Joined: 09.10.2016Posts: 134CollectionOslo Whisky ClubRatings: 211
    Options

@bedlamborn
    I have tried both Lagavulin 12yr Cask Strength and DE 2016. Excellent Single Malts, no doubt.

The 12-year-old expression is based on Lagavulin 8yr Limited Edition - or the other way round. It's exclusively ex-bourbon matured, so no sherry influence as for the 16-year-old signature malt. It's 4 years older than the 200th anniversary 'Limited edition' and comes at 57.7% ABV instead of 48%. I like Lagavulin 12yr even more than the 16-year-old malt.

The Distiller's Edition has a finish in PX casks, giving it a very sweet flavor profile, combined with the well-known Lagavulin peatiness. The peat level is slightly lower, as in the ordinary 16-year-old. A suberb malt and great value.

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.” (Tyrion Lannister)

>>> Whisky reviews by Slàinte Mhath <<<

• bedlamborn
    Topic creator
    Member bedlamborn
    Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@SlàinteMhath
    Thanks for the information. I will try to get a bottle of both. The 12 years old will be harder to buy as the allotment is just a fourth compared to the Distillers edition.