Hazelburn 12

• Shawn_A_Anderson
    Topic creator
    Member Shawn_A_Anderson

I opened a bottle and It seems to me to be smoky. There is one flavour or smell that is to me smoke but they say none is present in botteling. Is this what i'm smelling and tasting? It's the most pronounced smell/flavour i get from this bottle.

• [Deleted User] Joined: 26.08.2016Posts: 0CollectionEmpty Bottle ClubRatings: 160
    Options
    FUBAR said:
    I opened a bottle and It seems to me to be smoky. There is one flavour or smell that is to me smoke but they say none is present in botteling. Is this what i'm smelling and tasting? It's the most pronounced smell/flavour i get from this bottle.
    Perhaps there was some Longrow left in the equipment when they were changing over production to Hazelburn (stranger things have happened).
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets. (Ron Swanson)
    Carbon111 liked that
  • Slàinte_Mhath Guest, Member Slàinte_Mhath Joined: 09.10.2016Posts: 134CollectionOslo Whisky ClubRatings: 211
    Options
    FUBAR said:

I recall that last time I tried Hazelburn 12, it was very lightly peated. As regular Islay malt drinker, it didn't bother me although this Single Malt is said to be the 'non-peated' Springbank... Carlton's thought is certainly a possibility - it might be a faint leftover from Longrow production...

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.” (Tyrion Lannister)

>>> Whisky reviews by Slàinte Mhath <<<

Carbon111 liked that