Whisky Movies? (The Angel's Share)

• DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4

Hello all. I just watched a Ralfy review the other night. He was reviewing a Balblair 26 year. In his review, he talked briefly about a movie that featured this distillery called The Angel's Share. Its an independent Scottish film from 2012. I watched it on Hulu and it was very good! Its about a young man in Scottland with a checkered past who is now a father and trying to turn his life around. He is introduced to single malt scotch by his community service officer and falls in love. Being the dodgy criminal he is though, he ends up breaking into Balblair to steal a few bottles out of some Holy of Holies, vintage cask that is being auctioned off the next day. The film is incredibly accurate in regards to whisky content. You can tell the writers are passionate whisky drinkers. I highly recommend you check it out! (I also recommend subtitles, lol)

Does anyone else know of any good "whisky movies". I dont think i've heard of any others, but i'm sure they are out there.

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

Vasco liked that
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage 

You have the movie whisky galore from 2016 which is a remake from the 1949 movie about the ship SS politician who was carrying 28000 bottles of whisky that wrecked north of Eriskay. Have not seen it myself but it recieved good reviews.

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@bedlamborn I have not! I'll check out both of them.

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg