Shipping of Japanese whisky to the USA?

2»
  • Cyath
    Topic creator
    Options

So far we are thinking of just buying from grocery and department stores. Start small! But we will eventually try sourcing for established distributors.

Tai An Zhou
  • derlan Member Joined: 03.02.2019Posts: 1Collectionderlans CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

NotMyJob said:

Yeah, most liquor stores will have long-standing relationships with the distributors they work with. Being as regulated as it is, there is probably a bunch of licenses and fees you'd have to acquire and pay before you'd be able to do this legally.

As for Japanese whisky, the liquor store down the street from works directly with the Suntory rep for most of his Japanese stock. You'd probably have to be able to beat him price-wise pretty substantially to be able to secure any type of long term agreement.

What Japanese whiskys would you be importing, if you don't mind me asking? A friend of mine just recently came back from a month in Japan with a bunch (Yama12, Hibiki17, MiyagikyoNAS, Hakushu12). They were great whiskys.

NotMyJob said:

Yeah, most liquor stores will have long-standing relationships with the distributors they work with. Being as regulated as it is, there is probably a bunch of licenses and fees you'd have to acquire and pay before you'd be able to do this legally.

As for Japanese whisky, the liquor store down the street from works directly with the Suntory rep for most of his Japanese stock. You'd probably have to be able to beat him price-wise pretty substantially to be able to secure any type of long term agreement.

What Japanese whiskys would you be importing, if you don't mind me asking? A friend of mine just recently came back from a month in Japan with a bunch (Yama12, Hibiki17, MiyagikyoNAS, Hakushu12). They were great whiskys.

2»