Greetings from Israel

• Gimel
    Topic creator
    Joined: 18.02.2016Posts: 3CollectionGimels CollectionRatings: 0

Hello Whisky.com'ers,

I am a new scotch single malt enthusiast from Israel.

I have recently been spending quite a lot of time watching whisky reviews by Mr. Luening (maybe too much if you ask my wife :wink:smile:. As a person who enjoys studying and learning, I am grateful that Horst uploads highly informative and detailed reviews on a regular basis. I appreciate it very much.

My experience at the moment is very limited, as I began tasting single malts just a couple of weeks ago. But, I purchased a good tasting glass (a Glencairn), and have started tasting different whiskies.

So far I have tasted a Glenmorangie 10 yo, Glenfiddich 12 yo and a Dalwhinnie 15 yo. I am still "training" my palate and tongue (and mind) to search for the different aromas and flavours. I find it very rewarding.
    Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to purchase the miniature bottles (5cl) here, and just buying big bottles is too expensive for educational purposes :lol:. But, I am searching for whisky tastings etc. If there is a will, there is a way.

I will not ask for recommendations, even though i'm sure the forum members will gladly help. I will browse the forums and watch more videos, and hopefully will be able to contribute to this growing community.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Welcome to the forum.
    Make sure you you browse through the Information Section of the website as well.

If big bottles are to expensive maybe you share them with a few friends and you can spread the costs.
    Here is how you hold a tasting with friends. Tasting at home
    Tastings with friends are much more fun.

I work for whisky.com
  • Gimel
    Topic creator
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    Welcome to the forum.
    Make sure you you browse through the Information Section of the website as well.

If big bottles are to expensive maybe you share them with a few friends and you can spread the costs.
    Here is how you hold a tasting with friends. Tasting at home
    Tastings with friends are much more fun.

Thank you for the tips

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Feel free to ask if you need any help!:wink:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • andyb01 Member andyb01 Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

welcome to the forum, enjoy your whisky journey

• Gimel
    Topic creator
    Options

Maybe the first step towards a better understanding of whisky and its aromas, is to taste and smell the different components found in whiskies.

Can anyone recommend a good sherry for me to get a sense of what I can expect from Sherry Cask whiskies? or maybe a few different styles of sherry representative of the variety?

Thank you!