Inver House Distillers Ltd

Distilleries of the company

Balblair is one of the most northern distilleries of Scottland. It lies right next to the Dornoch Firth and was established in 1790.
The distillery was founded by James MacGregor in 1924. At the beginning it was a small farmers distillery with the aim of preserving their barley in the form of whisky. In 1897 the distillery was bought by Glenlivet Ltd. In 1930 the owner changed again...
In 1893, John Morrison, bought the land on which Knockdhu was built from the Duke of Fife. Morrison was acting on behalf of the Distiller's Company Limited. Knockdhu was the first distillery that the company constructed themselves.
For a long time Pulteney could be called the most northern distillery on the Scottish mainland. When Wolfburn Distillery in Thurso opened in 2013 they took over this title, but Pulteney hasn’t lost its attraction on whisky lovers. The coastal style of the...
John and Edward Hopkins, two brothers from the local area, founded Speyburn distillery in 1897. The brothers were determined that the site would be established in 1897, as it was Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.