Tomatin and other whisky producers invite to the Lockdown Whisky Festival
An online live event as an alternative to the Corona-canceled festivals
Numerous whisky festivals, fairs and tastings have been canceled this year to prevent the rapid spread of the corona virus (we reported). Nowadays, having the opportunity to use social media, those restrictions do not mean total isolation or the complete absence of maintaining contacts to us. Telephone and internet are more important than ever and Youtube, Facebook, Instagram & co. are full of live event offers from bloggers, distilleries and shops. Ben and Horst Lüning have held regular online tastings here at Whisky.com, even long before the Corona crisis started.
Tomatin has now announced a major online live event
On April 4, 2020 from 3 to 6 p.m. (Central European summer time; it's 2 to 5 p.m. GMT), the distillery invites you to join the Lockdown Whisky Festival on Tomatin’s YouTube channel. "We want to keep festival season alive," says Tomatin, and has been able to win numerous supporters and comrades in arms for the project. Hosted by whisky influencer Roy from Aquavitae, brand ambassadors from well-known whisky labels will present their whiskies live and answer questions.
Lockdown Whisky Festival's participating brands
- Tomatin Highland Single Malt
- Adelphi Selection Independent Bottler
- Arran Single Malt BenRiach Speyside Single Malt
- Cù Bòcan Highland Single Malt
- GlenAllachie Speyside Single Malt
- Glencadam Highland Single Malt
- Glen Moray Speyside Single Malt
- Kilkerran Campbeltown Single Malt
- Kilchoman Islay Single Malt
- Paul John Indian Single Malt
- Tomintoul Speyside Single Malt
If you want to join the Lockdown Whisky Festival on April 4th you should bookmark this Tomatin YouTube channel.