Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival program is online
The Scottish whisky events from November 3rd to 8th, 2021region invites to many
Launched in 1999, the annually celebrated Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival has developed over the years into one of the largest festivals of its kind. Speyside businesses and communities in the Speyside region are involved, including, of course, the located there. After the pandemic-related cancellation last year and the switch to an online format in spring, there will be a festival in autumn this year. In November distilleries open their doors and offer special tastings and other events.
“Nothing beats being together to celebrate the world’s largest producing whisky region and that’s why we decided to create The Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival Limited Edition, a one-off Autumn edition of our Speyside celebration. It’s been a tough year for the people and businesses of Speyside, The Spirit of Speyside Festival Limited Edition, aims to bring local communities and nearly 140 business members in the region together to celebrate Scotland's national drink, while providing the ultimate opportunity for travellers, whisky lovers, outdoor activity enthusiasts and the local community to explore, and learn about the world-famous Speyside region”, says George McNeil, Johnstons of Elgin’s MD, who is taking over as chairman of the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival this year from his predecessor James Campbell.
The press release highlights some of the events:
- Origins of Glenlivet: A rare opportunity to delve into the history and the process behind The Glenlivet Distillery with Distillery Manager Trevor Buckley. Archivist Chris Brousseau will discuss iconic founder George Smith, a visionary unafraid to break tradition. Followed by a tutored tasting of Glenlivet whiskies through the years.
- Create your Own Benriach with Dr Rachel Barrie: Join Master Blender Rachel on a creative journey into the world of flavour at Benriach distillery. Discover flavours and create your own unique dram.
- Drams in the Dark: Offering a unique night time tour of Glen Moray Distillery followed by some fireside drams and toasted marshmallows while Stephen Woodcock, Head of Whisky Creation, and Iain Allan, Global Brand Ambassador, share stories about Glen Moray's more unusual history
- Dinner with the Dram Queens: Join Ann Miller, the Dram Queen, and Martine Nouet, the Queen of the Stills, for an evening at the Dowans. Filled with wonderful conversation as well a four-course whisky and food pairing menu.
- RunSpeyside - Craigellachie Trail Run: Learn about distilleries, landmark bridges and local history as well as blowing away some cobwebs.
The full program and ticket offers can be found here on the festival website.
Images: Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival