Paul John presents Oloroso and PX Select Casks
The two whiskies finished in sherry casks are part of Paul John's constant range
Paul John Oloroso Select Cask and Paul John Pedro Ximénez Select Cask were released as members of the Select Cask Range and are no limited editions but join the portfolio of Paul John constantly.
“The appreciation we received from the launch of our earlier limited Oloroso expression encouraged us to introduce the Oloroso and PX expressions as part of our Select Cask range and we’re sure they will be well enjoyed as well,” said Paul P John, Chairman of John Distilleries.
Aromas of sweet peach and apricots, a hint of molasses and blood orange and bewitchingly strong chocolate aromas characterize the Paul John Oloroso Select Cask. The PX Select Cask Complex stands for aromas of figs and apricots, creamy notes of sweet barley, butterscotch and dried fruit and creamy chocolate and oranges makes. Don’t descriptions like those make one curious to taste the single malts that were finished in sherry casks?
The whiskies were bottled at 48% ABV, unchill-filtered and without coloring.
Producer’s tasting notes
Paul John Oloroso Select Cask
- Nose: Peach, apricot and light notes of molassess and blood orange.
- Taste: Soft and sweet, with nutty chocolate and Melton Hunt cake.
- Finish:Long, intense and sweet with delicious heavy spices imbibed from the Oloroso casks, a dash of coffee mocha and sumptuous dark chocolate.
- Balance:An intense and a complex single malt with a sensational explosion of incredible flavours.
Paul John Pedro Ximénez Select Cask
- Nose : Fig and apricot with a rare hint of banana.
- Taste : Sweet barley with creamy butterscotch, dry fruits and Christmas cake,
- Finish : Long and exquisite, with chocolate fudge, orange peel and exotic wine drenched nuts.
- Balance : Intensely sweet like a dark Spanish dessert sherry, having been gloriously finished in handpicked Pedro Ximenez casks.