Mackmyra Moment Virvelvind - the finale of the Moment series
A hint ofswirls through oaky notes and fruity aromas
With the Mackmyra Moment Virvelwind, the Swedish Mackmyra Moments circle, the composition was based on the first edition of the series, the Mackmyra Moment Medvind. The used were all filled between 2007 and 2010 and were matured in the Bodas mine.presents the 36th and last edition of the popular series. In order to close the
Mackmyra states the cask recipe for the Moment Virvelvind as follows:
- 42% 1st Fill Bourbon, 200L, from 2007
- 32% 1st Fill Bourbon Rök, 200L, from 2010
- 13% New Svensk Ek, 100L, förlagrad whisky from 2010
- 13% 2nd Fill Oloroso, 200L, förlagrad whisky from 2010
Producer’s tasting notes for the Moment Virvelvind
- Nose: Sweet fruit in the shape of pears and red apples is balanced by distinct citrus, vanilla and muscovado sugar. All surrounded by a veil of smoke.
- Taste: Soft oak tones, acidic and pomerans. Madagascar vanilla, fudge ripe pear complemented with a light volatile smoke of peat and juniper.
- Aftertaste: Long aftertaste with tones of juniper and lime. Aromatic finish with tobacco leaves and oak.
Only 2049 bottles of the Mackmyra Moment Virvelvind will be available. It wasat 46,8% and will be on offer from 25th of May 2022 for an RRP of €122,49.