Auction reflects 100 years of American whiskey history
Even some expressions that go back to before the prohibition era presented
The history of whiskeys that the Auctioneer will be offering for auction from August 13 to 23, 2021 are not quite that old, but they reflect 100 years of American whiskey history.goes back to the 18th century, when farmers from Scotland and Ireland brought their knowledge of with them to the new world. The
The oldest of these more than 500 extraordinary bottles come from the time before prohibition: the Old Overholt was distilled in 1908. Rare whiskey from Old Mock, I.W. Harper or Harry E. Wilkin, are also offered.'s items that were during the prohibition years, such as
Later copies of Pappy Van Winkle, Old Rip Van Winkle and Van Winkle Reserve are also up for auction, including a 1975 Special Reserve that was bottled for Corti Brothers in Sacramento.
More whiskey highlights of the auction
Other highlights as listed in the press release from Whiskey Auctioneer are
- Over 65 expressions of Willett Family Estate bourbon and ryes, including some which have been personally autographed by legendary industry figure, Even Kulsveen.
- More than 40 commemorative decanters containing liquid from Stitzel-Weller and Michters.
- Several legendary examples of the famous A.H. Hirsch 1974 Reserve, including Van Winkle's first Lawrenceburg bottling, produced on 26th February 1990.
- Highly revered bottlings of 'Old Heaven Hill' distilled before the original Bardstown distillery's notorious fire in 1996. These finite expressions are a highly prized possession for bourbon collectors and connoisseurs.
- A very rare and sought-after 1999 bottling of 16 year old Stitzel-Weller bourbon produced by Van Winkle for the Twisted Spoke bar in Chicago, IL.
American whiskey in the focus of inreasing interest
Peggy Noe Stevens, Founder of the American Whiskey auction is literally a treasure trove of some of the finest whiskey and vintage finds available on the market. In my 30 years as a spirits veteran and Master Taster, this one-of-a-kind collection is certainly one for the record books, pleasing any palate and showcasing the finesse and expertise of our famed Master Distillers.”Women Association, said, “This incredible
Those who are interested in the auction can register on the online platform of Whisky Auctioneer.
This auction of American whiskeys follows on from the "Heart and Soul" series from the famous Pat’s Whisk(e)y Collection last year. An auction price of almost 413,000 Euros was achieved with it. The interest in American whiskey is increasing immensely, explains Auctioneer. From 2016 to 2020, this spirits category experienced a quantitative growth of 600% and a growth of 900% in terms of value.
Images: Whisky Auctioneer