HELLO

• andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    Joined: 21.08.2015Posts: 65Collectionandyb01s CollectionRatings: 0

my name is andrew, i have mostly drank jackl daniels as far as a whisky goes, until recently i was in the edradour distillary and after a fab tour i bought 2 bottles of edradour now just trying to see what else is out there and came across the master MR leuning on youtube, so i am definatly a novice to the single malt and almost any whisky for that matter

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

It's very nice to have you here. Have you ever tried a peated malt? It's a whole different world, but very demanding.
    Another great world of whiskies are the sherry finish.

I work for whisky.com
  • andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    Options

hi Ben thanks for the welcome, have a bottle of ledaig at home , it's a little peated but not much, someone is igving me a bottle of laphroaig i think it is not sure how old it is but i shall let you know.

• 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

Hello from Singapore!

• andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    Options
    "116520" wrote:
    Hello from Singapore!

hello from bonnie scotland

• andyb01
    Topic creator
    Member andyb01
    Options
    "ben" wrote:
    It's very nice to have you here. Have you ever tried a peated malt? It's a whole different world, but very demanding.
    Another great world of whiskies are the sherry finish.

Ben, i had my first taste of Glenfiddich 12 year old, i really enjoyed it very nice dram i thought i could taste a hint of peat in it, but not sure might have been spice but it sure did taste like peat but it was only slight not heavy.