Sherry Cask

• vscarduzio
    Topic creator
    Member vscarduzio
    Joined: 03.07.2015Posts: 2Collectionvscarduzios CollectionRatings: 1

Hi community, I'm new, and am looking for a great "sherry" casked/matured scotch. Can someone provide me with a few affordable recommendations that aren't impossible to find and purchase?

Enzo
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

I sent Horst an E-mail that he will answer here. In the mean time check out this list of the whiskies sorted after the strongest sherry taste:
    Sherry Whiskies

I work for whisky.com
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options
    "vscarduzio" wrote:
    Hi community, I'm new, and am looking for a great "sherry" casked/matured scotch. Can someone provide me with a few affordable recommendations that aren't impossible to find and purchase?

There are several Scotch distilleries, which are specialized in the production of Sherry cask matured whiskies. Here are the top ones:
    Aberlour, Macallan, Glendonach. At Macallan and Glendronach you can count on the color. They do not add spirit caramel. At Aberlour, you have to have a little more cautious. Only the a'bunadh is uncoloured.

Have a look at these bottles. The fit to nearly every pocket: Aberlour 15, 16, 18; Macallan Amber and Siena; Glendronach 12, 15, 18.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • vscarduzio
    Topic creator
    Member vscarduzio
    Joined: 03.07.2015Posts: 2Collectionvscarduzios CollectionRatings: 1
    Options

Thank you for the feedback and the wealth of information available on the website, I have access to Glendronach Parliament 21 year old at a reasonable price that I am considering purchasing today

Enzo
    Suzanne1967 liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

Thank you for the praise.

And Oops - your bottle is more expensive as I would expect from a reasonable priced whisky :wink:

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    Suzanne1967 liked that
  • normanlao Member normanlao Joined: 13.08.2015Posts: 19CollectionNorm's CollectionRatings: 1
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    "vscarduzio" wrote:

There are several Scotch distilleries, which are specialized in the production of Sherry cask matured whiskies. Here are the top ones:
    Aberlour, Macallan, Glendonach. At Macallan and Glendronach you can count on the color. They do not add spirit caramel. At Aberlour, you have to have a little more cautious. Only the a'bunadh is uncoloured.

Have a look at these bottles. The fit to nearly every pocket: Aberlour 15, 16, 18; Macallan Amber and Siena; Glendronach 12, 15, 18.

Is the Macallan 18 worth the price? If you say it is, I will buy it. I watched your video review on it and you seem very convincing that it is worth the upwards $250 US dollars that it is demanding in the United States as the going price.

But if I DO end up buying that bottle - it will be a very SPECIAL occasion bottle!!!

"I am a Ranger." "We walk in the dark places no others will enter." "We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass." "We live for the One, we die for the One!"
  • manchie Member manchie Joined: 22.08.2015Posts: 4CollectionRatings: 1
    Options

value for money is aberlour 12 double cask matured. I prefer the aberlour sherry cask but its just my opinion.

malt maniac