Favorite blend

• schnazola Guest, Member schnazola Joined: 16.04.2015Posts: 31CollectionSchnaz's EmptiesRatings: 4
    Options

In response to the primary question: How about Chivas 18? Blends don't come much better.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

I find the Chivas Regal 18 yrs a lot better than the 12 yo. But there are still some better blends out there, which are a good deal more expensive. The price to value ratio of the Chivas 18 yrs is quite good.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • schnazola Guest, Member schnazola Joined: 16.04.2015Posts: 31CollectionSchnaz's EmptiesRatings: 4
    Options

O... M... G...!!!

I am honored that my humble post elicited a reply from the master! <no sarcasm>

Yes. Perhaps I should have put a finer point on my statement. Are there "superior" blends? Sure. But as you say, Chivas 18 is a very good value. It's price point is quite reasonable considering the quality of the whisky. No doubt.

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

You were very welcome :biggrin:

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • pasvraiment Member pasvraiment Joined: 05.11.2015Posts: 26Collectionpasvraiments CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

JWBlack, Hibiki Harmony, Spice Tree, Nikka Black, Poit Dhubh 12, Peat Monster...
    I like the creative freedom of blends.

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    I find the Chivas Regal 18 yrs a lot better than the 12 yo. But there are still some better blends out there, which are a good deal more expensive. The price to value ratio of the Chivas 18 yrs is quite good.

I just saw the first "enhanced" Chivas 18 at Singapore Changi airport. This is the Chivas 18 further finished in a first fill American oak cask. comes in 1 litre bottle at 48% abv and exclusive to travel retail. I added it into the database.

Price at USD126.

• 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

congrats! Chivas 18 is a very 'easy' drink. Open the bottle and share it with your friends!

"hwchoy" wrote:
    "horst_s" wrote:

I just saw the first "enhanced" Chivas 18 at Singapore Changi airport. This is the Chivas 18 further finished in a first fill American oak cask. comes in 1 litre bottle at 48% abv and exclusive to travel retail. I added it into the database.

Price at USD126.
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options
    "116520" wrote:
    congrats! Chivas 18 is a very 'easy' drink. Open the bottle and share it with your friends!

hah actually the wife wanted it because of the free hard luggage bag, quite a nice gift perfect for travelling children. I was going to get the Aultmore 18 but... what the wife wants, the wife gets.

schnazola liked that
  • Brad69 Member Joined: 26.12.2015Posts: 15CollectionBrad69s CollectionRatings: 29
    Options
    "horst_s" wrote:
    You were very welcome :biggrin:

Why do people think that single malts are better than blends?

Brad Bell
  • alexgol296 Member Joined: 10.12.2015Posts: 1Collectionalexgol296s CollectionRatings: 36
    Options

Chivas is good -nothing wrong. Some blended whisky very good .
    Let say - Compass, JW black lebel, Teachers.
    Depends on what are you looking for
    Price- one story
    Taste - other.
    Collection - third.
    Each person is individual. If you will try different whisky - you will find your style .
    Good luck

Al