Favorite blend

• Godslayer
    Topic creator
    Member Godslayer
    Joined: 11.07.2014Posts: 56CollectionGodslayers CollectionRatings: 0

So i know we dont all sip blends neat like we would a fine single malt but Im positive we all have preffered blends. For me my favorite vatted malt is peat monster or oak cross by compass Box. Goth offer an interesting expérienc. My favorite traditional blend being alberta premiums dark horde. An upgraded alberta premium. 45% abv. Not 100% rye It replaces roughly 10% of the rye with corn whisky. It also adds in some sherry casks to round out thé experience. Easily Good enough to sip neat or with a slight drop of water. But also makes an excellent manhattan. My only négative about It is after you pour a glass and add water It needs 30-45 minutes to figure itself out.

• LiquorList Member LiquorList Joined: 23.03.2015Posts: 11Ratings: 0
    Options
    My favorite blend is Crown Royal's Black Label. Love that stuff. (Sorry guys, I know it's not Scotch, but dang it's real good stuff...)
    Look for your next rare beverage at www.LiquorList.com
  • Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options
    "LiquorList" wrote:
    My favorite blend is Crown Royal's Black Label. Love that stuff. (Sorry guys, I know it's not Scotch, but dang it's real good stuff...)

Ain't no scotch-only forum here... :wink:

I haven't tried too many blended whiskies - sorry, malt afficionado :wink: - but my favorite up to now has been The Black Grouse (Famous Grouse blended with some Islay malts).

But I'm gonna be in Canada in the fall, so I'm definitely going to broaden my horizon on blended whisky. :wink:

• Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options

Oh, and by the way: My favorite "mass blend" you get in supermarkets is Teacher's. It has a high malt content and is even slightly peated, since it contains peated Ardmore malt whisky.

Options
    "Budgerigar_canalis" wrote:
    "LiquorList" wrote:

Ain't no scotch-only forum here... :wink:

I haven't tried too many blended whiskies - sorry, malt afficionado :wink: - but my favorite up to now has been The Black Grouse (Famous Grouse blended with some Islay malts).

But I'm gonna be in Canada in the fall, so I'm definitely going to broaden my horizon on blended whisky. :wink:

I'll have to see if The Black Grouse is on the Oregon list. If it is, my local government run liquor store can order it in.

Canadian whisky, borne in cooler climes, is a mellower experience than say, your typical scotch or Kentucky bourbon and the Crown Black is one of the mellowest of them all. Pour a couple ounces over a few cubes and let it blend for a few minutes and you have yourself a great sippin' drink. Good stuff.

Options
    Oh, and by the way: My favorite "mass blend" you get in supermarkets is Teacher's. It has a high malt content and is even slightly peated, since it contains peated Ardmore malt whisky.

Used to see Teachers in our stores here but don't know if they still offer it. I'll have to check it out. If they do, I'll give it a shot.

• voskarp Member voskarp Joined: 25.01.2015Posts: 21Collectionvoskarps CollectionRatings: 82
    Options

I like this one too. Have to try The Famous Grouse Blended Malt some time...

Options
    "voskarp" wrote:
    I like this one too. Have to try The Famous Grouse Blended Malt some time...

It's OK. Nothing too special but an easy-drinking all-day dram.

• schnazola Guest, Member schnazola Joined: 16.04.2015Posts: 31CollectionSchnaz's EmptiesRatings: 4
    , edited July 29 2015 at 7:27PM
    Options
    I haven't tried too many blended whiskies - sorry, malt afficionado :wink: - but my favorite up to now has been The Black Grouse (Famous Grouse blended with some Islay malts). But I'm gonna be in Canada in the fall, so I'm definitely going to broaden my horizon on blended whisky. :wink:

Had Black Grouse for the first time just the other day. Not a big fan. But I'm not a fan of Islay malts, and the Black Grouse reminded me far too much of Lafroaig 10, which I struggle with. I think the only Islay malt I kinda enjoyed was a Lagavulin 16. The mouthfeel on that was almost unctuous and blew my mind.

I had the Chivas 18yo a few times. It's hard to imagine blends getting much better than that one.

• 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

Hello everyone! This is my first post! My favourite blend is Nikka Taketsuru 17 Year Old.

• 116520 Member 116520 Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    Options

You have to try this if you can find one. Syndicate 58/6. I don't its story but this blended is good.