Rotating picture in Whisky Database

Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42

Can we rotate the pictures we have uploaded in the Whisky Database? Recently the pictures don't seem to be the right orientation after I have uploaded them. Thank you!

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options
    "116520" wrote:
    Can we rotate the pictures we have uploaded in the Whisky Database? Recently the pictures don't seem to be the right orientation after I have uploaded them. Thank you!

We never experienced this problem before. We don't have the feature, yet. We are currently occupied with another part of the German website, so this will take a while.
    In the meantime could you post the links here an I will do it manually.

I work for whisky.com
    Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Options

Hi Ben!

Thanks for the quick response. It is not a big issue. You can take a look at the last 3 pictures I have uploaded recently. Somehow the orientation is not right after being uploaded to the site.

http://www.whisky.com/whisky-database/collections/fdb/Collection/Listing////116520.html

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

We now identified the problem. There are two ways of turning a picture. Usually you just turn the picture and that's it.
    In your case you saved the picture as the original with a sidemark in the exif data that the picture needs to be turned. Our server ignores the exif and shows the "real" picture.
    We need to change the server now.

I work for whisky.com
    Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Options

Thank you! You're very smart! I have no idea of what exif data is, I thought I was drunk when I did the uploading of those pictures... lol...

"ben" wrote:
    We now identified the problem. There are two ways of turning a picture. Usually you just turn the picture and that's it.
    In your case you saved the picture as the original with a sidemark in the exif data that the picture needs to be turned. Our server ignores the exif and shows the "real" picture.
    We need to change the server now.