The Whisky Flavour Chart

Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42

We all know that Mr. Horst Luening has tasted many whiskies and he does not like to give points to rate the whisky he has tasted. Is it possible for him to create a digital "The Whisky Flavour Chart" in this website for us to compare the whiskies listed in the Whisky Database? I think it will be very useful. Thank you!

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options
    "116520" wrote:
    We all know that Mr. Horst Luening has tasted many whiskies and he does not like to give points to rate the whisky he has tasted. Is it possible for him to create a digital "The Whisky Flavour Chart" in this website for us to compare the whiskies listed in the Whisky Database? I think it will be very useful. Thank you!

Thank you for the praise. But please note, that my feelings with a special whisky is only a single vote. But the Whisky Database contains tens of thousands of votes so that there is an average.

Thank you anyway. I think about this in the future and how we could handle that.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Hello together,

I have already uploaded the flavour search.
    I have not promoted it with videos or teaser, yet. This is because I still want to improve it a bit. But Critics is very welcome.

BR
    Ben

I work for whisky.com
    Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    , edited July 3 2015 at 3:10PM
    Options

Hi Ben!

Thank you for creating a wonderful search machine for whisky taste.

I have tried using a few times but I get 'no result found' all the time. Maybe I don't know how to use it or I cannot match a specific whisky to the taste I have input.

Maybe a chart of 'smoky to fruity' n 'light to 'rich' is a simpler approach. Of course, it cannot represent all the tastes from a whisky but I think it will be easier for novice like myself. Thank you!

"ben" wrote:
    Hello together,

I have already uploaded the flavour search.
    I have not promoted it with videos or teaser, yet. This is because I still want to improve it a bit. But Critics is very welcome.

BR
    Ben
  • Suzanne1967 Guest, Member Suzanne1967 Joined: 09.05.2015Posts: 68CollectionSuzanne and Lee's drinking CollectionRatings: 164