Results from whiskycompetition.com

Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Joined: 12.06.2015Posts: 90Collection116520s CollectionRatings: 42
    http://www.whiskycompetition.com/2015-results/

Any comments on the results? And have you tried any of the award-winning whisky?

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

I have the Black Art (Single Malt 1.) and the Lagavulin 16 (Single Malt 2.). I will do a tasting tonight and have a look if I agree.

I work for whisky.com
  • Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options

I've tried a lot of the more affordable medalists. None of them is absolutely awful, but I don't know why a Cragganmore 12 y.o. is on such a list, for example.

I don't see how such an award makes sense anyway. Seems like there are only whiskies from big companies. It says nowhere that it was a blind tasting, which would be the number 1 precondition for me to take an award seriously. And what about that sh*tload of categories? Of course you'll get a medal if you're one of only three contestants in the category "Single Malt Scotch Distilled at Full Moon and Bottled by a Female Chimpanzee on New Year's Eve".

Heidjer liked that
    Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Options

I have a bottle of Lagavulin 16 too but I have not open it yet... will open one to try soon!

"ben" wrote:
    I have the Black Art (Single Malt 1.) and the Lagavulin 16 (Single Malt 2.). I will do a tasting tonight and have a look if I agree.
    Topic creator
    Member 116520
    Options

"Single Malt Scotch Distilled at Full Moon and Bottled by a Female Chimpanzee on New Year's Eve"... LOL! I want to try that!

"Budgerigar_canalis" wrote:
    I've tried a lot of the more affordable medalists. None of them is absolutely awful, but I don't know why a Cragganmore 12 y.o. is on such a list, for example.

I don't see how such an award makes sense anyway. Seems like there are only whiskies from big companies. It says nowhere that it was a blind tasting, which would be the number 1 precondition for me to take an award seriously. And what about that sh*tload of categories? Of course you'll get a medal if you're one of only three contestants in the category "Single Malt Scotch Distilled at Full Moon and Bottled by a Female Chimpanzee on New Year's Eve".
  • Quin Member Quin Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 91Ratings: 0
    Options

Hahaha, Lagavulin 16 all the way :biggrin: Thats right!

But the list about the 12 year olds.. Caol Ila is good and nice - but the best? No.. Bunna 12 is really a good 12yo. Mac 12 SO, Springbank 12 CS, HP 12, Laga 12 CS...

regards.. ..and sorry for bad english