Hello From Wales

• Fancyliqour
    Topic creator
    Member Fancyliqour
    , edited April 26 2015 at 9:01PM

I live not too far away from the Penderyn Distillery in the Brecon Beacons. Just wondered as a newbie on here, what people think of the Welsh Whisky? I have a collection of Classic malts and some very rare bottles. I will reveal more later!
    Fancyliqour :biggrin:

Kenny
    Suzanne1967 liked that
  • Heidjer Member Heidjer Joined: 05.07.2014Posts: 39CollectionHeidjer's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Hi Kenny, welcome to the forum!
    I didn't get around to try or buy any Penderyn yet although I stumbled over some bottles already. So no opinion on that matter for now.

• Fancyliqour
    Topic creator
    Member Fancyliqour
    , edited April 27 2015 at 10:25AM
    Options

I organise Motor Sport events and Penderyn have been partners on some of the events I have organised. I also used to be one of the chief organisers of the Classic Malts Historic Rally in Scotland. Diageo used to support that event and I have a full collection of single malts from that period which are still within their original boxes. Must crack them open one of these days! :smile:

Kenny
    schnazola liked that
  • Budgerigar_canalis Member Budgerigar_canalis Joined: 18.07.2014Posts: 50Ratings: 0
    Options

Hi Kenny,
    welcome to the forum. I've still got a sample of a Penderyn waiting to be tasted. We'll see... 8)

• ben_2 Guest, Administrator ben_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 271Collectionbens CollectionRatings: 92
    Options

Hello Kenny,

welcome to the forum

Best Regards,
    Ben

I work for whisky.com
  • Fancyliqour
    Topic creator
    Member Fancyliqour
    Options

Thank you! :smile:

Kenny
  • SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Welcome to the forum, Kenny!
    Always interesting to hear from other countries than the usual ones...:razz: and also about other malts!
    Had only the Penderyn Madeira so far which was quite nice if not too complex - guess I have to try some more...:wink:

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Fancyliqour
    Topic creator
    Member Fancyliqour
    Options

I have a bottle of Glenury Royal 1971 23 year old malt. Have not opened it yet but, will soon no doubt! :smile:

Kenny
    schnazola liked that
  • Fancyliqour
    Topic creator
    Member Fancyliqour
    , edited April 29 2015 at 12:09AM
    Options
    "SanctTom" wrote:
    Welcome to the forum, Kenny!
    Always interesting to hear from other countries than the usual ones...:razz: and also about other malts!
    Had only the Penderyn Madeira so far which was quite nice if not too complex - guess I have to try some more...:wink:

Great to hear from you too! :smile:

Kenny
  • Suzanne1967 Guest, Member Suzanne1967 Joined: 09.05.2015Posts: 68CollectionSuzanne and Lee's drinking CollectionRatings: 164
    Options

Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the forum!

Penderyn is great stuff, the Madeira aged is generally fab, shame they don't usually put an age statement on it, but with ratings of 91 to 95 out of 100 it is pretty decent stuff!

Kind Regards
    Suzanne

schnazola liked that
  • Fancyliqour
    Topic creator
    Member Fancyliqour
    Options

I can almost use a straw to drink directly from the distillery! :smile:

Kenny
    Suzanne1967 liked that