Seeking opinions for a gift, which of the 7 would be best?

• Ellynn
    Topic creator
    Member Ellynn

I have a scotch lover in my life. I am not a drinker at all so I’m a little in the dark. It’s what brings me to visit you fine folks! I am trying to get them a gift that they not only enjoy the taste of but also has a “wow” factor. I know they enjoy a Smokey profile so I hunted down bottles that were high in that category and within my budget. Now my question is- which would be the most impressive bottle? I really want to impress them. 

So far the consensus I’ve got is the Octomore- but someone suggested the Whiskey exchange exclusive would be impressive because it’s not available in the USA and shows I went through some effort. 

Advice?

Port Charlotte PAC:01 2011 Heavily Peated

Octomore 10.3
    6 Year Old Islay Barley

Lagavulin 12 Year Old
    18th Release Special Releases 2018

Bunnahabhain 1997
    22 Year Old The Whisky Exchange

Lagavulin 12 Year Old
    15th Release Special Releases 2015

Ardbeg Perpetuum
    Ardbeg Day 2015

Ardbeg Traigh Bhan 19 Year Old
    Batch 2

i see there’s a poll option as well so I’m going to see how that adds. Please forgive me for any site related faux pas. 

• BenjaminMücha Guest, Member Joined: 19.07.2020Posts: 1CollectionMr Mücha's CollectionRatings: 32
    Options

@Ellynn 

If you're looking for a smoky whisky, I'd avoid the Bunnahabhain as it has very little smoke (even though it's an excellent whisky).

I've never tried an Octomore so I can't comment.

I love Ardbeg but if pushed, my preference would be for Lagavulin.

Good luck!