20+ year recommendations

• Curt_Gleeson
    Topic creator
    Member Curt_Gleeson

I’ve been exploring single malt Scotch this year. Being new, and on a budget, I’ve been generally restricted to 10 and 12 years. I’ve spent most of my time w Islay’s and have particularly enjoyed Caol Ila, Bunnahabhain, and Ardbeg Uigeadail - roughly in that order. I’m not against other regions, I’ve just been following this thread.

I’m really interested in taking a step up and experiencing something with more age. And I have a small bit of extra cash. But, before I drop that kind of money, I am going for some direction or suggestions. What’s a good 20+ bottle to try. Keep in mind this will probably be my only one at this range for a while. I’m hoping something that’s roughly representative of the texture and character that comes with age, but not generic or conventional. Something that is quality and special in its own right. Any feedback is welcome.

• Destilados_Premium Member Destilados_Premium Joined: 25.01.2021Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Curt_Gleeson I have discovered a website with very good recommendations about the best whiskies. I especially liked the recommendations for Scotch whiskies. Although it is in Spanish, which is not a problem for me. I hope it helps, you can always use an online translator.