10 bottles collection

• Ceaiu
    Topic creator
    Joined: 31.08.2020Posts: 1CollectionCeaiu's collectionRatings: 0

Hello whisky lovers!

Looking to build a small assortment of whisk(e)y bottles to entertain my guests and sip from time to time.

I'm not (so far) a whisky drinker (or cognac, or rum...), so don't have the palate (yet) to recognize what's best.

I (sadly) have to admit that I'm not really interested to start a journey and test different years, different regions /finishes until finding those 10 top shelf bottles.

After watching some Youtube videos and reading online reviews, I've made myself a list. 

I've purchased already 2 bottles: Glenmorangie Signet and GlenDronach 21 Parliament.

I'm pretty much set in acquiring the Balvenie 21 PortWood.

I was also looking at getting 2 Irish whiskeys: Redbreast and Bushmills, both 21.

Don't have a fixation for 21 years old, but it seems that this is the expression that fits my budget (EUR 150-200).

The others on my short list are: GlenFarclas 25, GlenGoyne 21 Sherry, Dalmore King Alexander III and Highland Park 21.

What would be a good10th bottle?

Should I remove some form the list and replace with something else?

Not looking at discontinued or difficult to find ones, or overpriced like a Macallan (IMHO).

You noticed that I haven't included any Islay, or blends in my list.

Maybe I'll add a couple of peated ones additionally (please do suggest which ones!).

Should I include a JW Blue Label and be done with it?

Thank you for your input!

• ecarrnyc Member Joined: 05.10.2020Posts: 1CollectionECarr's CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@Ceaiu How about a mildly peated Islay like Bunnahabhain 18. Or maybe Laphroaig.