Can anyone tell me what this is and where to get it?

• djmoneypenny
    Topic creator

Hi I'm new here. Someone brought this to a gathering I was at and it was some great whisky but he won't tell anyone where he got it. I can't find a picture of the bottle anywhere online, the bar code at the back leads nowhere and when I search the company, nothing shows up. I was hoping maybe you guys knew something about it. Thanks

imageimageimage

• hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@djmoneypenny 

its kind of strange to see an Irish whiskey spelt whisky, and 750ml means it is a bottling for the US probably.

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    Options

Rather strange calling an Irish Whisk(e)y "King Arthur", too...

With 750ml it's definitely bottled for the non-European market.

Probably an older bottling not available any more - there is a recent "King Arthur" on the market, but it is a Blended Scotch Whisky by Ian MacLeod...

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • mmmwhisky Member Joined: 04.06.2020Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@djmoneypenny Any luck? Pretty much the same situation. 2 bottles were left at my house after a party. I don't even know who brought it. Prior to opening it I assumed it was cheap whisky. After drinking one bottle I assume that I assumed wrong.  I figured I would find it online and purchase more. Can't find any info on it anywhere. Now I'm hesitant to open bottle #2  

• Tassosis Member Tassosis Joined: 17.07.2020Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@djmoneypenny I found this whiskey in Canada and an acquaintance was selling it he had cases of it it is not sold in our liquor store legally so I bought a few bottles and I was selling them.... one night I sat with someone and we drank a couple of bottles it's very good whiskey we drink it straight I don't understand though where it's from honestly it's some kind of knock off but it's good though LOL please let me know if you find out the guy I drink it with was Sri Lankan and he was saying it's Ira whiskey and his dad was looking for that whiskey for years I don't know LOL we got a little drunk

• Mike_P Member Mike_P Joined: 25.07.2020Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Tassosis I have a connection for getting this depending on your kocation(:

• JackMckeever Member JackMckeever Joined: 16.09.2020Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Mike_P @Tassosis  I am in ontario anyway I can get a bottle or two from you?

• Tunven Member Joined: 27.09.2020Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@JackMckeever Lol, so this stuff actually just went through and lost in a lawsuit. It's not actually whisky. It's vodka flavored as whisky. But you can't find it because they had to remove all inventory and no longer sell the stuff. They were also lying about the ABV. Stay away and definitely don't pay money for this trash. 

• kimbedly Member kimbedly Joined: 21.07.2021Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    , edited July 22 2021 at 9:54PM
    Options

@djmoneypenny Same story here, man! I was at a party someday and drank this one. It was so good, after that I wanted to try it again, but unfortunately, I couldn't find it. But, I tried to look for it on the internet. Just found some pics and useless stuff. It seems like alcohol is not legal for selling on the internet or what. If your story is still available, try to search on lolacovington.com. Maybe you will find an alternative to that stuff. I did it already, so you could too. Good luck with your searching and don't get too drunk)

• Tassosis Member Tassosis Joined: 17.07.2020Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@JackMckeever sorry I seen this late I have a bottle laying around but I'm hearing bad things about it it tastes good but honestly as the guy below said I think it is flavoured vodka LOL I had a friend that wanted it but he is allergic to caramel and the artificial flavourings they put in it I was skeptical of giving it to him so I don't know if you want a  bottle hit me up it's cheap that's all I can say it tastes good but I seen other King Arthur's on the market that look a lot classier so I don't even know what's going on with this stuff

• cheaphead Member Joined: 18.03.2023Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Tunven a buddy brought this out, it tasted good,  a bit too sweet, you know what they say, if it too good to be real , it's not.

I tried to research this and ended up here...how do you know about this product, the lawsuit and vodka flavored.