Johnny Walker Green - change of label/better blend?

• GulfCoastScotchLover
    Topic creator
    Member GulfCoastScotchLover

imageI never had the much revered original JWG, but have always read about how rich and smoky it was. I bought a bottle earlier this year and while I liked it, it really wasn’t all that smoky. Then I bought another bottle that had a slight label change and it was much, much better. It was like they listened to the people and added a big helping of the Caol Ila portion to the blend. The label on the right is the smooth/rich/not so smoky one and the label on the left is the richer/smoky blend. To confirm it, I even bought one more of each to see if it was a fluke, and it was the same. Has anyone else come across this or hear of any changes made to the blend to bring it back in line with the original?

• serod Member Joined: 24.09.2019Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

I can't tell you that they made any changes, but I had a similar experience with Johnnie walker. Let's see if someone else can confirm it.

• MejorWhisky Member MejorWhisky Joined: 26.05.2020Posts: 6Ratings: 0
    Options

@GulfCoastScotchLover Amazing whisky, it is the same, but they change the label enviroment

• MejorWhisky Member MejorWhisky Joined: 26.05.2020Posts: 6Ratings: 0
    Options

@GulfCoastScotchLover As you can see, Johnnie Walker has many bottles, so they are always improvin the marketing place of everything. Do you still having that in your collection? 

• Whisky_2 Member Joined: 07.05.2021Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    , edited May 7 2021 at 9:21AM
    Options

I think the Johnnie walker is still as delicious as ever. I'd say it's a simple makeover.