Anniversary Gift

• Ozzybiff
    Topic creator

Hey Folks.

I'm relatively new to the whiskey world but my dad is well versed in his single malts. This September marks his and my mam's 25th anniversary and I'd like to get him a cracking bottle of whisky for the occasion. Last year I bought him a bottle of Dalmore 15 (just as a reference point) and we both love it along with the rest of the Dalmore range. I've recently discovered that he likes Glenfarclas and saw there's a 25 year old bottle but see no end of mixed reviews online. So long story short, I could do with some ideas/opinions on what to get him.

Cheers for the help.

• thomascatherine660 Member Joined: 15.04.2020Posts: 4Ratings: 0
    Options

@Ozzybiff How about Hakushu 25 years whisky. I think this could be the best gift.

Ozzybiff liked that
  • dennislhopkins Member Joined: 13.12.2018Posts: 47Collectiondennislhopkinss CollectionRatings: 20
    Options

Get a bottle of Glenfarclas 25 for their anniversary!! It's one of THE best 25s out there, and at a very reasonable price compared to the rest!!

Ozzybiff liked that
  • dennislhopkins Member Joined: 13.12.2018Posts: 47Collectiondennislhopkinss CollectionRatings: 20
    Options

Alternatively, a Glengoyne 25 is also a STUNNING whisky! It's about double the price of the Glenfarclas, but it's a different taste and very well worth the cost!! It too is one of my favorites, and I keep both the Glenfarclas 25 and the Glengoyne 25 in my inventory for VERY SPECIAL guests!!

Ozzybiff liked that
  • spiritedaway Member spiritedaway Joined: 12.05.2020Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@Ozzybiff Agree, Glenfarclas 25 is great!
    I like to gift a cool decanter as well.

Ozzybiff liked that
  • thepeanut Member Joined: 17.08.2015Posts: 37CollectionThePeanuts CollectionRatings: 8
    Options

@Ozzybiff I would definitely agree with your choice on the Glenfarclas 25 Years Old. Great whisky at a reasonable price!

Whisky Lover, Experiencing new Flavors~
    Ozzybiff liked that
  • Ozzybiff
    Topic creator
    Options

@spiritedaway I've gone with the Glenfarclas! Thanks everyone for the help!