Naked Grouse.

• Whiskygalore
    Topic creator
    Member Whiskygalore
    Joined: 20.03.2019Posts: 11CollectionSample room reserveRatings: 0

Thought ide share my love of this. Naked grouse is a blended malt which I feel hits the spot. To me it tastes subtlety sherryish (if that is even a word ) and Is, hate to say it, very affordable. Honestly, try it. No idea what the age of whisky is in the blend, but I would hazard a guess that there is some pretty decent aged sherry cask Macallan in there.

Anyone tried it?

• gilwarner Member gilwarner Joined: 02.04.2019Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Whiskygalore I was Introduced to Naked Grouse while on a photo safari in Botswana 20 years ago. I like it over ice with a fine cigar.

• Whiskygalore
    Topic creator
    Member Whiskygalore
    Joined: 20.03.2019Posts: 11CollectionSample room reserveRatings: 0
    Options

@gilwarner thanks for your reply.

I think however, you may have tried famous grouse (which is a scotlands favourite blend)  Naked grouse is a fairly new blend, but is a blend of only malts, no grain. Macallan, Highland park, Glenturret (I think) and in my opinion, is superb.

Besides that, a photo holiday in Botswana sound equally nice.

• GulfCoastScotchLover Member GulfCoastScotchLover Joined: 22.06.2019Posts: 4Ratings: 1
    Options

@Whiskygalore  I really liked it too. It definitely has a bit of Macallan and Highland Park in the mix. Best of the budget blends in my opinion. 

• Ctrexman Member Joined: 20.09.2019Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    Options

@Whiskygalore 

Yes this is a solid blended malt. Id give the edge to Monkey Shoulder and Sheep Dip is close too but Naked Grouse is far superior to Famous