Jura Origin substitute

• Aeth
    Topic creator

Hello everyone,

I’m not a very experienced or big whiskey drinker (and I’m not sure how lowbrow or not it is considered to be in true connoisseur circles), but I have been quite fond of the Jura Origin for the past few years — I like that it’s somewhat light, sweet, not smokey at all and that everytime I smell it, it reminds me of something from my past. As a designer, I also very much like the logo and the bottle (the old one, that is).

Much to my chagrin, I’ve recently noticed that they’ve changed their whole collection, with all the new whiskeys now sadly having a somewhat smokey profile. The new bottles are now also more generic and less elegant, but I digress : )

As the Origin was essentially the only whiskey I’ve been drinking for the last few years and since I’m on my last bottle and I don’t really have much experience or knowledge about what else is out there, I was hoping you could recommend another single malt that’s close to it.

Thank you kindly!

• James_Jackson Member James_Jackson Joined: 10.11.2018Posts: 14CollectionJames' CollectionRatings: 5
    Options

@Aeth Have you tried Jura Journey? Although it states it's mildly smokey, I cannot detect a trace of smoke in it.

Also if you're in the UK or Europe, it's available in half bottles, so you can try it without spending too much. It's often on offer at my local supermarket at £12 for a 350ml bottle.

• Entertainment_For_You Member Entertainment_For_You Joined: 29.01.2020Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Aeth Hi I am a non profit blogger and my blog provides free whatsapp status video. If you need these sad status video feel free to PM me.