Glenfarclas 21

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator

I'd forgotten how nice this one is!!Very smooth and tasty...not to mention complex and delicious!Only 4 years short of the amazing 25.Glenfarclas are just brilliant...have an 18 yr old too..which is better than I remember.15,17,18,21 and 25...all great whiskies!I bet the 30 and 40 yr olds are amazing too...hope to try them one day!

bedlamborn liked that
  • TheGreatMothra Member TheGreatMothra Joined: 30.03.2016Posts: 27CollectionRatings: 160
    Options

@Highlander I'm giving this one another try over christmas. Taking a bottle back to my parents when I go. I didn't really get on with it the last time I tried it, which was odd since I've loved every other Glenfarclas I've ever tried. Fingers crossed for second chances!

• Highlander_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@TheGreatMothra I liked this more the 2nd time...seems more smooth and oaky and complex,so batches can differ.I've had 3 very different bottles of the GlenFarc 25.I am very impressed with the 21 this time.Watch a few youTube reviews which always help in deciding about basic flavours etc!

• Shotter Member Joined: 19.08.2019Posts: 4Ratings: 0
    Options

@Highlander 

Just bought one of these recently and wow, so complex. It's not trying to be a people pleaser either.  It has sweetness but not, in your face sweetness to try and win you over early.  I was finding layers of wood, but not just your typical oak spiceyness, it's like it brought some of it's other woodland friends to the party.  Almost leathery.  If had a writing desk and suddenly needed to wax lyrical with a quill and squid ink, this is what I'd be drinking. 

Ian_Crombie liked that
  • Ian_Crombie Member Ian_Crombie Joined: 11.06.2018Posts: 126Ratings: 0
    Options

@Shotter One of the best i've ever tried and around £85 a bottle in UK,which is actually rather good value.Its the most popular 'older'whisky i was told at the distillery,during my visit last year,possibly less complex than 25,but more consistent i think.Grrrreat stuff.Cant think of another 21 yr old as good!!Glengoyne maybe!