If money (or time) was no object, what whisky would you drink?

• Hannah_CBTD
    Topic creator

Hi there, I'm new to Whisky.com

I just wondered what are people's favourite whisky?

And similarly but not quite, what would you drink if the cost of the bottle/dram didn't matter?

And if you could rewind time and try any whisky what would it be?

Thanks,

Hannah

• dennislhopkins Member Joined: 13.12.2018Posts: 47Collectiondennislhopkinss CollectionRatings: 20
    Options

@Hannah_CBTD I am very partial to products from Glenfarclas, Glengoyne, and Glenmorangie. I have an open bottle of Glenfarclas 40, still about 1/2 left. I truly love it!!! Glenfarclas 25 is also quite good.  I've also got two bottles of Alexander Murray 1972, one open and one not! I truly enjoy that one as well. While unofficial, there's a lot of consensus that particular Alexander Murray was a Glenfarclas product. Their respective distillery characters are quite similar.  I have a Glengoyne 30 and 25, but unopened. Am waiting for an appropriate moment to open both, like my granddaughter's first steps or something!! I have a Glengoyne 21 open, and it too is delicious. The "oldest" Glenmorangie I own is 18 y/o and is quite delicious. Even if money were no object, I think I'd still focus on the 20-30 year old products. After more than that you're getting more cask character and not distillery character. Not that it's bad, quite contrary. But spending BIG $$$ for heavy oak or sherry influence may not be the best expenditure of money, particularly if you're looking for distillery character. 

Hannah_CBTD liked that
  • TheGreatMothra Member TheGreatMothra Joined: 30.03.2016Posts: 27CollectionRatings: 160
    Options

If i had unlimited funds, I'd be drinking Glengoyne 21, Arran 18 and Glenfarclas 25. While they're not the most expensive answers you might get in this thread, they're enough that they're my go to for special occasiions.

Hannah_CBTD liked that
  • Hannah_CBTD
    Topic creator
    Options

Thanks for the answers.

Great to hear what people enjoy and get some ideas of what to try next.

• Ian_Crombie Member Ian_Crombie Joined: 11.06.2018Posts: 126Ratings: 0
    Options

@Hannah_CBTD I'd personally try Glenfarclas 40,which around £700,is still a quarter of some 40 year old whiskies!Highland Park 25 and Macallan 25 too I'd love to taste,but both very overpriced!!

• Snelius Member Joined: 25.01.2019Posts: 15CollectionSnelius CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Glenfarclass 30+, Bowmore 40, Black Art 4.1 and many others.. heh, dreams.. but how knows. :smile:

Hannah_CBTD liked that
  • RoriRants Member Joined: 16.07.2020Posts: 5Ratings: 0
    Options

@Hannah_CBTD 

So far, my favorites are Oban Little Bay and Bunnahabhain 12. But if time and money were no object--I'd buy like one of everything and have an EPIC tasting session :wink: 

Cheers!

• dennislhopkins Member Joined: 13.12.2018Posts: 47Collectiondennislhopkinss CollectionRatings: 20
    , edited July 22 2020 at 5:42PM
    Options

image@Hannah_CBTD Here is the latest addition to my collection, which includes Glenfarclas 25 (several bottles), Glenfarclas 40 (ONE bottle), Glengoyne 30 (two bottles, and Alexander Murray 42 (distilled at Glenfarclas - two bottles). This Laphroaig 32 was distilled the year my bride and I were married (1983) and bottled in 2015. Have been going for anywhere from $1300-$2000USD! I was able to get my hands on one the other day for $950 USD. A steal! Will likely open for our 40th anniversary in 2023!image 

• Alex53 Member Joined: 23.04.2019Posts: 4Ratings: 0
    Options

@Hannah_CBTD I would do exactly what I do now. I would try many different kinds of whisky.

The difference would be that I could try some that I cannot afford now.

But to give some specifics, I would snap up some very old Glendronach, Macallan, Glengoyne, Glenfarclas...my mouth waters.

• Str8ladboxers Member Joined: 13.08.2020Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

Glengoyne 21 And Oban little bay for me!