Fake Lagavulin 16

2»
  • jottabr
    Topic creator
    Joined: 09.02.2019Posts: 7Collectionjottabrs CollectionRatings: 0
    , edited July 5 2019 at 11:28AM
    Options

Snelius said:

Oh, so sad to hear about the Lagavulin. I'm just ready to buy my first 16yo bottle (this one only Islay brand I never tasted) but I don't know now. Maybe I need to wait for some updates...

@Snelius I'm on the same boat as you now...

Well, I went to a restaurant and they had Laga 16Y. Asked to see the bottle, just quickly gazed and smelled the bottle cork and all. It was like it was before.

I tasted. Amazing. All the flavors that I remember tasting before were there. I checked the seal from the import and the bottling was from august 2018. The one I had the problem was from 2017.

So my guess is, if you can find a bottle after july 2018 I think you would be on the safe side and get the great experience I had!

Another thing to note: the bad bottle I had was 0.7L. All of the other 0.75L bottles were great. I had 4 tastings with 0.75 and was great.

-

As for ardbeg, I tasted on my friend's house the 10Y, and it was good. Not great. But good. Of course, for my taste :-)

I saw a price cut of 30% on a local shop for the Ardbeg Uigedail and I bought it. Did the tasting and I was really surprised. Had to put a few drops of water. But the whisky is really good! Totally recommend.

Snelius liked that
  • Snelius Member Joined: 25.01.2019Posts: 15CollectionSnelius CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@jottabr Thank you for update. I got bottle of the Lag 16yo of 11 Oct 2018 and it's amazing. Thanks! :smile:

jottabr liked that
  • Aubrey Member Aubrey Joined: 23.04.2019Posts: 3Ratings: 0
    Options

@jottabr The quality of the recent batch may not be so good. Adding ice cubes when you drink may taste better.

• jottabr
    Topic creator
    Joined: 09.02.2019Posts: 7Collectionjottabrs CollectionRatings: 0
    , edited September 27 2019 at 7:12PM
    Options

Snelius said:

@jottabr Thank you for update. I got bottle of the Lag 16yo of 11 Oct 2018 and it's amazing. Thanks! :smile:

I got on a discount from a local supermarket. The bottling is from January of 2019. Also great! Remind you it is 75cl also.

Glad I could help!

Aubrey said:

@jottabr The quality of the recent batch may not be so good. Adding ice cubes when you drink may taste better.

I found that the 2017 bottlings with 70cl were the ones with problem. The new one I got from 2019 is great!

2»