How do whisky companys continue to produce whisky all yr round ?

• Cbrown60192
    Topic creator
    , edited June 25 2019 at 8:35PM

Want to know how whisky companys such as (example) famous grouse and others continue produce there product everyday without ever running out ?  

I mean how can they accommodate for there huge demand when you cannot predict what quanties you will sale in 10 yrs time ? Every yr its different surely. 

Is it really aged for 10 plus yrs ? Before reaching production line or is it artificially aged in a matter of weeks to taste like a 10 yr bottle ? This can be done btw.

Think about it the company now sales just over 2million cases annual overseas,  where the hell did they store that 10 yrs prior and predict thats whats the sums be in 10 yrs time from when its made ?  Im asking as i a. Thinking about opening up my own brand of whisky 

• Cbrown60192
    Topic creator
    Options

No one has an answer , to a valid question ! 

• James_Jackson Member James_Jackson Joined: 10.11.2018Posts: 14CollectionJames' CollectionRatings: 5
    Options

@Cbrown60192 

My apologies if I misunderstand your question, but if I understand what you're asking, then as whisky doesn't age in the bottle (Unless it's 30 or 40 years in bottle, then you get the so called "Old Bottle" effect), with a blend like Famous Grouse, once they make a batch and bottle it, it doesn't matter how long it sits in storage, it won't change, so they make an estimated run based on projected sales, if they start to run low, they'll mix up extra, if they have left over, it will probably get off loaded next quarter.

For instance, the bottling year on some Talisker 10 yr I picked up at a local shop earlier this year was 2013, it had been sitting in the stock room all that time, if anything it was better than current bottlings as it was before stocks of the older casks were running low.due to the boom in whisky sales.

Does that help?

OdysseusUnbound liked that