Laphroaig Lore

• Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie

Tried this for first time a few days ago..very good...creamier,more sherried and complex than Quarter Cask.A very nice dram indeed,will be savouring this and making it last.A top class offering from Laphroaig this one!!!

• Vasco Guest, Member Vasco Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4
    , edited May 10 2019 at 9:59PM
    Options

@Ian_Crombie 

I have one to open and try, but it will have to wait a couple of weeks. I don't like to have a lot of opened bottles, not more than 3 or 4. But thanks for the review!

Regards,

Vasco

Edit: I remember now that, at Laphroaig's shop, with our tour guide (James), I was getting ready to buy one of these bottles. He stopped me, and suggested to try Brodir instead. Well, Brodir is right now my favourite NAS (and I brought a couple of bottles), but I remember that I enjoyed Lore also (but I was already a little bit tipsy, it was after the a lot of tastings)!

• Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie
    Options

@Vasco Sounds like fun.Never tried Brodir!

• Ian_Crombie
    Topic creator
    Member Ian_Crombie
    Options

@Vasco Brodir is Port finish and very expensive.Port ones I have liked are...Quinta Ruban(Glenmorangie),Talisker Port Ruighe...Ardmore 12...Tomatin 14...all are worth a try but Tomatin isnt as good as the rest in my opinion!!

Vasco liked that