White Horse 4,5 L

• Peter_2
    Topic creator

imageHi all, I inherited a bottle of White Horse of 4.5 L, and i plan on selling it, but i do not know the value, i have search on the internet and found out that it is still selling at +- 1200€, as you can see in the link.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/white-horse/white-horse-blended-scotch-whisky-4-5l-1970s-whisky/

if any one can help me out or want to buy, i would be grateful.

Tagged:
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@Peter 

such a bottle can only be interesting to a collector, and for that you should know that your bottle is in poor condition with respect to the label, and whether it comes in a box and what kind of condition is that in.

if for drinking, I can't believe why anyone would pay more than EUR200 a litre as this is just a regular blended whisky.

• Peter_2
    Topic creator
    Options

@hwchoy 

thank you, i dont know much about whisky, this bottle was on a shelf for more then 30 years, not in a box, so ya, its not in a good shape. But why do they sell others like this one for 1200€, what is the difference.

• David_Scharsach Member David_Scharsach Joined: 18.04.2018Posts: 1Ratings: 0
    Options

@Peter

this bottle was sold on the last auctions for 150€-200€. The 1200€ is an absolutly fantasy Price for the 1 bottle whitch is availible at the Webshop. Thats why nobody buys the bottle for this price! your bottle can only be used for drinking  because of the condition. If you are intressted to sell the Bottle for the realistic price you can let me know. Cheers, David!

• ANTOR Member Joined: 17.03.2019Posts: 2Ratings: 0
    Options

@hwchoy Hi...you seem to know a bit about this stuff...I posted this pic of a bottle i inherited in the blended section..sealed and unopened. I suspevct form the 1930s,