Single Malt recommendations please?

• Mitt7
    Topic creator

Hi Guys and Gals,

Thanks for having me!

I'm from New Zealand I've been drinking whisky for a few years now but only recently have started to really drink it... by that I mean really appreciate it not just drink too much of it... (I can be a slow learner!)

I've come to realise I like fruity whisky's, a little sweet but not too sweet... a touch of smoke but not too smokey (Lagavulin 16 I love every now and again)

In my quest I've found I love Johnnie Walker Green Label, The Arran 14yo, Glendronach 12, Redbreast 12 and some bourbons...

Dalwhinnie 15's nice too IMHO with a drop of water... so far...

I find Glenmorangie Quinta Rubin a little too sweet and The Nikka Coffey Malt waaaaay too sweet...

Kilkerran 12 too salty, 

What do you guys recommend?

Seems like such a waste to buy a bottle that I don't love

I was thinking of getting a bottle of Tomatin Port Finish or one of the Arran cask finishes... 

Thanks for the tips

Slante!

mmm I think its time for some Dalwhinnie...

• Sumeet Member Joined: 22.01.2019Posts: 4Ratings: 0
    Options

I would suggest you to try The Glenlivet 12.

It has the following tasting notes:

Nose: Sweet creamy vanilla, honey, pineapple, vanilla, pressed apples and a little cinnamon.

Palate: Apple cores, fresh and fruity trifle and creamy citrus.

Finish: Long and delicious, almonds and apple.

Overall: One of the best selling malts in the world, well-worth re-visiting.

Do give it a try and share your thoughts!

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@Mitt7
    I quite like the Tomatin 14yo port finish. It is a nice fruity whisky and with the latest version it has dropped the bitter tones it had.

Maybe Ancnoc 12 year old would be good also.