Glenrothes rebranding

• neilstucky1
    Topic creator

For the last 15 years, Glenrothes has been known for its vintages. Now they have scrapped the entire vintages line and replaced it with an age statement line. They also are now exclusively aging in sherry casks. What do u think of this switch ? They spent so much time emphasizing maturity over age and now they seem to have thrown this all away !

• daniel.yrh Member Joined: 20.11.2017Posts: 5CollectionDaniel’s CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

Personally I am in favor of this change. their previous range has been rather confusing just like Balblair... some Glenrothes are priced high and I have to do my mental math to derive the age and decide whether that Glenrothes is worth to get; the same problem I had with Balblair.

neilstucky1 liked that
  • neilstucky1
    Topic creator
    Options

@daniel.yrh I never found it confusing.  The bottles always had two (sometimes 3 ) dates.  The date of distillation, the date of bottling and date of selection.  I enjoyed the finite nature of the line, and the fact that they ran out made them feel rather limited.  I also enjoyed that the whisky had both bourbon and sherry influence.  They are now exclusively sherry.  Finally, the vintages really made them seem unique.  Now they are just like the others.  I do like the new line, but it doesn't seem special to me in any way.  Have u tried any of them yet?

hwchoy liked that