Glenfiddich 18 or Glenlivet 18

• pilot96
    Topic creator

Hi All,

I'm looking to pick up a gift for my uncle and the shops around here have only these as there 18+ year scotches in stock. Since he doesn't usually have anything older than 15 I do want to get him something older just to round out his collection even though I know age doesn't meant everything! Also there is Glenmoriange 18 yr but I haven't read as much about it.

Also on a side note I'm beginning my journey myself into the scotch world and was wondering if people had opinions on Lagavulin 16 vs Glenfiddich 15 solera vs Glenlivet 16 natural!

• DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@pilot96 As far as gifts go, you really cant go wrong with ANY 18 year scotch. They will all elicit a smile from the recipient! As for your bottom three, I'd recommend you not buy the Lagavulin until you've had a chance to taste it first. Islay scotch is an acquired taste for most. You'll enjoy both the Glenfiddich and the Glenlivet though. Between those two, I prefer the Glenfiddich. Very tasty stuff.

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@pilot96

I agreee what @DramTasticVoyage said. You cannot go wrong with these one.

Lagavulin 16 years old is a classic. But not for everyone. One must like a complex smokey whisky. While for me the Glenfiidich 15 is nice but the Laga 16 is much better due to the complexty. But others may prefer the Glenfiddich 15 due to easier drinking.