ARDBEG TWENTY SOMETHING – 22 YEARS OLD

• VFund
    Topic creator
    Joined: 04.10.2018Posts: 2CollectionVFunds CollectionRatings: 0

The latest release in the Ardbeg Twenty Something series, this superb 22 Year Old pays tribute to the whisky enthusiasts of yesteryear.

This whisky was born during a time when the iconic Ardbeg Distillery name was almost consigned to the history books. During a period of uncertainty for Ardbeg in the 1980s and 1990s, when the stills were near empty and the filling store silent, a handful of young whisky enthusiasts dared to dream. Together, with hope in their hearts, they laid down a handful of casks and kept the Ardbeg spirit alive.

On the nose, luscious tropical fruits fade into sweet smoke, soot and tar. Take a sip and discover fresh green apples with a crumble topping. Notes of peppermint tea and vanilla guide you towards a long smoky finish.

ABV: 46.4%

£440

Is anyone going for it??

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@VFund 

No, stopped with Ardbeg some time ago as they became to expensive. Would rather spend such amount of money on other whiskies.

• VFund
    Topic creator
    Joined: 04.10.2018Posts: 2CollectionVFunds CollectionRatings: 0
    Options

@bedlamborn I got some. The quality is really good! Although sometimes we find it is too expensive for drinking, I do suggest to keep it as an investment as the price is keep rising

hwchoy liked that
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@VFund 

It is an investment. I have several old Ardbegs also and will sell them one day.

hwchoyVFund2 liked that
  • hwchoy Member hwchoy Joined: 28.07.2015Posts: 462CollectionHeng Wah’s CollectionRatings: 3
    Options

@VFund I wanted to get some from the distillery website, but they do not ship to my country :frown: