Springbank 10 Year

• DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4

So i finally picked up a bottle of Springbank. This is my first taste of Campbeltown scotch. I understand the hype around this bottle now. I havent had such a complex whisky in quite awhile. This one is a true test of the nose and palate. I really cant believe how many flavors and nuances are packed into this dram! It's like a busy intersection of flavors on the tongue! Adding a little water brings out even more. I enjoy this whisky very much but drinking it really does feel like im taking a test! haha. I never imagined you could get this much out of a ten year whisky. You can tell a lot of love and hard work went into this bottle. 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage 

I like how they have such manual handicraft when making this and using no computers, however i have tried it a couple of ties now and I find it to be a decent dram but it doesn't light a fire in me.

But it is getting hard to find. So popular and so little production.

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Options

@bedlamborn Thats what prompted me to buy it. I wanted to taste the manual labor! LOL 

However, i doubt I'll be buying a second bottle. It is very good, but a bit pricey. Last night, I was having a dram of Black Bush and decided it needed a touch of smoke so I poured a splash of Springbank in and it was actually really good! For half a second, it reminded me of JW Green Label. Btw, how do you like the Green Label? 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage 

Never tasted the green label, only tasted he black label many years ago. 

• DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Options

@bedlamborn Green Label is my favorite Johnnie Walker. Green and Double Black need to be on your tasting list for sure! Both are very good in my opinion.

~Joel Rosenburg

Options

@DramTasticVoyage 

Will see if I can order a dram of them at the pubs that I go to. But the price is the same as the Talisker 10 or even a wee bit more so I hope that they ar good :smile:

• DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Options

@bedlamborn The Double Black is too? Thats steep! The Green Label is comprised of Talisker, Caol Ila, Linkwood, and Cragganmore. Aged 15 years, no grain whisky added. It's their only blended malt and it's very good. The smoke is more of a meaty smoke. To me, it tastes almost like a smoked blue cheese. I dont really care for blue cheese, but I enjoy this blend somehow, lol. 

~Joel Rosenburg