Monkey Shoulder Blended Malt

• DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4

I know there are plenty of people on here who live outside of North America. Has your region been blessed with this wonderful whisky? Here in America it runs for about $30 a bottle and it is hands down some of the best quality whisky you can get for that price range. 3 Speyside single malts blended to perfection. The name is derived from a common medical condition that plagued the malt turners. Having their one should stooped down all day while slinging barley left them with a stooped shoulder. They referred to this condition as monkey shoulder. This blend is advertised as being made for mixed drinks but i love it neat or on the rocks. Strong notes of honey and banana nut bread. If you havent tried this and you enjoy a good Speyside I highly recommend you grab a bottle (If its available). Excellent dram all around! Cheers! 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

rbdeli liked that
  • bedlamborn Member bedlamborn Joined: 18.09.2016Posts: 611Collectionbedlamborns CollectionRatings: 21
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage 

I can buy it in Sweden. It has a a decent price but a bit overpriced at the alchol monopoly here in Sweden. But in taxfree it is one of the most value whiskies that one can buy. Very cheap.

But I have to say that I haven't tasted it yet so I don't know how it tastes.

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Options

@bedlamborn You should definitely pick some up and try it! I think you'll really enjoy it. And it has probably the coolest looking bottle ive seen in awhile, lol

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• Vasco Guest, Member Vasco Joined: 14.05.2017Posts: 86CollectionVasco's Closed Bottles CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage 

Here in Portugal, you can find it at sub €30 in most of liquor stores. For the price, it is a bang for the buck. It is also a pretty cellar defender, when you have unexpected visits unworthy of your premium stuff.

• rbdeli Member rbdeli Joined: 24.06.2018Posts: 1CollectionRob's Whisky BarRatings: 43
    , edited June 25 2018 at 3:54PM
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage I agree 100%. I think this is a very good scotch whiskey. I pay $30 at my nearest, favorite liquor store, but I've seen it for as low as $26.00. It's 100% malted scotch from 3 very good Speyside Distilleries. Really enjoy this one. horst_s, I've been looking for your review on this one. 

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Options

@rbdeli I too am looking forward to a review on this from @horst_s ! I'm sure it's available in Germany so finding a bottle shouldn't be an issue

~Joel Rosenburg