Hello from North Carolina

• Cesspool_Sinner
    Topic creator

Hello all, I'm very glad to be here. I recently reacquired my love for learning about and appreciating whisky and figured I would become part of this revered community to expand my ability for both. I'm in the Asheville area, so if anyone happens to be in the same geographical area perhaps we could meet and share information and whatnot. I look forward to all that I'm going to gain from this community.

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Cesspool_Sinner Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
  • DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Cesspool_Sinner Welcome aboard! Was there a particular whisky that sparked your interest? 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• Cesspool_Sinner
    Topic creator
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage Actually my first experience with single malts was a friend of mine who quite literally brought a crate of various scotch's to my house to introduce me to. Up to that point my experience had been limited to the commonly consumed whiskies of the early 20's demographic such as Jack, Jim, George and all manner of other cheap, easily acquired liquors. My very first taste of quality whisky came in the form of The Dalmore 12. I distinctly remember the texture and mouthfeel more than anything. I remember it being so smooth and velvety, and just an overall pleasant experience. We explored a few other selections that she had brought with her, and shortly thereafter I found myself with my own bottle from The Dalmore, and the rest is history.

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Cesspool_Sinner Smooth and velvety is Dalmore's trademark for sure! That is the perfect whisky to get someone interested. Mine was Jameson Gold Reserve. Its discontinued unfortunately, but you can still find it in some liquor stores that havent sold all of them off yet. I took one sip and that was that. I had never even considered that whisky could be so good! 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• Cesspool_Sinner
    Topic creator
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage I'll keep my eye out for a bottle. I hate sometimes finding out that I missed out on some particularly fine whiskies due to poor timing. But I'm also having to come to terms that since I'm not living in Scrooge McDuck's swimming pool of a gold vault then I'll just have to deal with missing out on some of the more rare releases from distilleries. 

Options

@Cesspool_Sinner I received it as a gift. It is AMAZING, but it's not quite $100 a bottle amazing. This is why I havent bought any still for sale at the store. Not sure if you like Irish whiskey or not, but one other bottle i'd recommend is Redbreast 12 year. This might be my all time favorite whiskey in the world! It ranges from 65-70 dollars depending on location and its just divine! 

~Joel Rosenburg