Black Bottle Blended Scotch

• DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4

So I took a chance on a random bottom shelf blend last night called Black Bottle and I highly recommend you grab some if you see it. It's made by Bunnahabhain and it tastes very similar. Anyone else tried this? What a good find!! Lightly peated with pleasant notes of honey on the finish. 43% ABV. Great neat, even better on the rocks. 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage In former times the brand stated on its label that it contained whiskies from all 8 distilleries on Islay. It as well stated an age of 10 years. But they were so successfull that the had to give up both attributes. But they changed the bottle to a more classic style. I found this whisky very interesting too.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • DramTasticVoyage
    Topic creator
    Member DramTasticVoyage
    Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@horst_s I read about that. I'm fairly certain I probably wouldn't have like the previous edition. Bunnahabhain is the only Islay whisky I enjoy. Sounds like the last version was probably incredibly peated! 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg