12 yo The Macallan from 1950s-1960s

• PeterS_2
    Topic creator

I recently got a bottle (1L 43%) of The Macallan from my grandmother. She and my grandfather purchased it on their travels in the 1950s or the 1960s.

It's a round bottle with a white square box. (No blue line). 

Does anyone know a potential value on this bottle? 

Regards

Peter

• PeterS_2
    Topic creator
  • DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@PeterS That looks like it was stored very well over the years. The packaging still looks immaculate and the neck fill is very high. I imagine that'll pay for a small vacation! Macallan is a favorite among collectors. Couldnt tell you what the value is. You may run into some skeptics though, due to the immaculate look of the label/neck fill/box. Macallans are often forged/faked by scam artists due to their popularity among collectors. Let us know if you find a buyer. I'm curious to see what that bottle will pull. 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• PeterS_2
    Topic creator
    , edited June 9 2018 at 6:00AM
    Options

@DramTasticVoyage Cool! thanks for the reply :smile:

I know nothing of its authenticity, but my grams stored it in her basement for 50+ (?) years and after that it's been in my cupboard for 5 or so years. 

Not sure if I wanna sell tho... Might be a great gift for my son when he graduates.