Can anyone tell me what this is?

• Weazle
    Topic creator
    Member Weazle

I have an old bottle of Irish whiskey and can not seem to find any info on what it is worth, how old it is, or where it came from.

The label says John Jameson and Sons Rare Liqueur Whiskey guaranteed 20 years old 70 proof bonded and bottles by Morgan Dublin Limited. 

Any help would be appreciated.image

• Weazle
    Topic creator
    Member Weazle
    Options

@Weazle No ideas from the community?

• SSGN_Doc Member Joined: 26.05.2018Posts: 7Ratings: 0
    Options

@Weazle 

Ive never encountered it before.  Looks like an old special run.

• Weazle
    Topic creator
    Member Weazle
    Options

@SSGN_Doc Thats the only thing I can come up with too. I've searched Google for hours and still cant seem to find anything.

• DramTasticVoyage Member DramTasticVoyage Joined: 09.04.2018Posts: 205CollectionDramTasticVoyages CollectionRatings: 4
    Options

@Weazle Contact Ralfy (From Ralfy Reviews) on Facebook. He's pretty responsive and he has a knack for old gems like this. He might be able to answer all of your questions. 

“I’m a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.” 

~Joel Rosenburg

• SanctTom Member SanctTom Joined: 19.07.2014Posts: 176Ratings: 0
    , edited June 9 2018 at 9:56AM
    Options

@Weazle 

You might also try and contact the guys from Celtic Whiskey Shop in Dublin - they're quite experts in stuff like this.

And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. (A. E. Housman)
  • Weazle
    Topic creator
    Member Weazle
    Options

Thank you @DramTasticVoyage and @SanctTom. Ill send a message to both of them. I even sent multiple emails to Jameson and have never heard back from them.

DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • horst_s_2 Administrator horst_s_2 Joined: 01.07.2014Posts: 507Ratings: 661
    Options

@Weazle 20 yrs is very special and seldom for an Irish. The bottle looks a little bit over designed. Like those produced for the supermarkets. The name is not familiar and the appearance is quite new. So the chances that this bottle is a relatively cheap whiskey for some supermarket chain is quite high.

Nonetheless it appears to be 20yrs old. And fakes in this matter are very very rare. I would enjoy it with friends in a special occasion.

Kind regards, Horst Luening, Master Taster, Whisky.com
    DramTasticVoyage liked that
  • Weazle
    Topic creator
    Member Weazle
    Options

@horst_s I got a hold of someone that was able to confirm it is a legitimate Jameson 20yr, based on the bottle type and design it would have been made around the 60s. 

SanctTom liked that
  • RikS Member Joined: 24.06.2018Posts: 5Ratings: 0
    Options

@Weazle When i've come across something unusual and potentially rare / pricey in the past I've had great assistance from the chaps at whisky auction. You can send them an email with as much info and pictures as you have: info@whisky.auction

Good luck

• Weazle
    Topic creator
    Member Weazle
    Options

@RikS  Thanks, I'll reach out to them too. 
    I got ahold of Ewan at scotchwhiskyauctions@gmail.com and he was able to at least confirm an age range based on the bottle type and cap type.